Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book Review: Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert





I was pleasantly surprised by this book.  I thought when I picked it up it would be an okay read, but I did enjoy it more than I thought I would.

Bethany Quinn's life is falling apart.  She finds out from her mom that her childhood best friend, whom she hadn't spoken to in ten years, is losing her husband to the clutches of death.  Then her favorite person in the whole world, her grandfather, dies of old age.  Add to that losing her precious job with an architectural firm and her boyfriend being transferred halfway across the country.

Bethany's grandfather left her his farm, a farm she loved and cherished as a child but wouldn't give a second or even a first glance to now.  She had left behind her old life in Peaks when she went away to college and she didn't want to go back.  For her, she felt, there was no turning back.

The joy in the story is not in the ending, but in the journey.  Bethany had a tragedy upset her life as a child and it caused her to turn her back on God.  The journey between the pages of this book, will they lead her back to the Father?

I got this book from Waterbrook Multnomah, but it's been a while so I don't remember exactly how I received it. I don't think it was a review request.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



1 comment: