Thursday, October 3, 2013

Book Review: Pattern for Romance (Quilts of Love #8) by Carla Olsen Gade





Honour Metcalf was an English woman living in America in 1879.  She's also a quilter working for a wealthy woman.  She is falsely accused of stealing and one Joshua Sutton comes to her rescue.  The only thing in Honour's family now is her sister, Temperance, as her parents and brother were killed on their trip to America.

Book Synopsis from goodreads.com:
Honour Metcalf s quilting needlework is admired by a wealthy customer of the Boston Mantua-maker for whom she works. In need of increasing her earnings, she agrees to create an elaborate white work bridal quilt for the dowager s niece. A beautiful design emerges as she carefully stitches the intricate patterns and she begins to dream of fashioning a wedding quilt of her own. When Honour is falsely accused of thievery and finds herself in a perilous position, merchant tailor Joshua Sutton comes to her aid. As he risks his relationships, reputation, and livelihood to prove her innocence, the two discover a grander plan a design for love.
I'm finding that I'm not really into historical romance and that hurts my opinion of this book.  It is nicely written and does tell a great story.  If you like historical and Christian romance you will probably enjoy this book.  I had a hard time with it as historical romance is becoming not my thing.

I read this as a review request from netgalley.com using Adobe Digital on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment