Friday, July 5, 2013

Book Review: A Sound Like Fire by K.D. Veron





Revelation.  While we may not all be familiar with the final book of the Bible we know what it signals: The Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

Dax's brother, Zack, a preacher, had been trying to instill in him the love of God while Dax's family turned more and more away from Him.  Dax's daughter even joined a New Age cult.  As Dax turned away so did the rest of the world.

This is the story of what happens when it's Revelation's turn.  There have been many post-apocalyptic books out there, most famously the Left Behind series. Veron hopes to add another to our collection with this piece.  He takes all of Revelation, all the years, trial, torment, and triumph, and packs it into one novel.

I think it was too much to put into one novel.  There's too much information and time that is passed over.  Nothing gets enough detail as it needs.  Veron spends most of the time telling rather than showing.  Such and such happened over this period of time.  Most of what happens, though, is Dax being on the run.  Uneventful if you ask me.

I do believe this story could have been better written.  If you are into post-apocalyptic/Revelation stories you might enjoy this one, but really, I think there are better out there.

I read this as a review request from Booksneeze using the Kindle app on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment