Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Review: One Step Too Far by Tina Seskis




One Step too Far.  An appropriate title. This story takes things one step too far.

Emily Coleman seems to have it all.  She's the favorite twin.  She gets all the attention from her mother.  She's married.  She has a kid.  Yet, one day, she walks out to start her life all over.

Emily ran away from something hard.  She didn't want to deal with it.  She just ran away.  Running away doesn't make it go away.  What is it?  You'll have to read the book to find out.

I never felt attached to the characters.  I didn't feel any emotion towards Emily or Caroline her sister.  There was nothing attaching me to them.  There didn't seem to be any character development.  One day Emily's this and the next day she's that.  Nothing's really there to show how she changed.  No progression.

Overall, I think the story was pretty weird.  Two timelines went on, one with the present of Emily having run away and the other of Emily and Caroline growing up, Emily getting married, and everything that went along with it.  At first it was hard to follow, but as I read on it did get easier.

I read this book as a review request from netgalley using Adobe Digital on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment