Saturday, March 2, 2013

Book Review: Silent Night (Rock Harbor #6) by Colleen Coble




I have not read any of other Rock Harbor stories, but I was presented with the opportunity to review this one.  It seemed interesting so I thought I'd give it a shot.  Listed as Rock Harbor #6 it is a short Christmas novella for the series.

I don't know much about the series or the characters.  I have to be honest when I'm writing my review.  You want me to be honest.  I still feel I don't know much about the characters or the series after reading the novella.  A novella is shorter than a novel, but this felt really short.  We skimmed the surface of every plot, every point in this story.  Every point could have been developed really well and really big.  I think the whole story would have made a fabulous novel sized book.

This story is set at Christmastime, but Christmas plays no role in the story except maybe as an excuse to get certain characters together.  For everything that happens the events could take place in the summer, spring, winter, or fall.  Not to be harsh, but I feel if it is going to be labeled a Christmas novella Christmas needs to play a part.

If you are a fan of Colleen Coble and/or read the Rock Harbor series you will enjoy this book.  You will probably wish there was more meat to the story, but you will enjoy it.  Good things happen.  A surprise.  I'm not going to tell you!

I will tell you that this story is about Bree and Kade as well as their dog, Samson, getting entangled in a mystery involving someone they think is Laurie's friend.  I know Kade is a boy's name.  I know this, but for some reason when I first start reading I would get him confused for the female in the relationship even though I knew Bree was that female.

I read this as a review request from Book Sneeze using the Kindle App on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment