Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book Review: Catch a Falling Star by Beth K. Vogt




I'm just going to admit the most interesting thing in this book to me is that it opens up with a birthday gathering at On The Border.  This does not mean the rest of the story sucks or anything, I did give it 3.5 stars, but it just caught my attention.  How many stories have an important scene set in this Mexican restaurant?  My sister works as a waitress and bartender at the one in our area.  I know it sounds lame to get excited over something like this, but I did.  "Yea, Guac Live, On The Border, woo-hoo!"

Now that I have let my nuttiness out of the bag I will go on to give a proper review.

From the book:
Successful career gal Kendall Haynes is tired of wishing on stars for a home and a family. Can God’s dreams for her be even better than her own?
Kendall is a doctor with a private practice in her own home.  How about that?  As she suffers from asthma she treats kids who suffer from allergies and asthma. It looks like she has a lot of things going for her.  When her younger sister asks for the engagement ring Kendall was given from her Mina (grandmother, I suppose), reality hits her.

In comes Griffin Walker, a man with the same Jeep love as Kendall.  She met him under unfortunate circumstances as his brother was having a severe allergic reaction to avocados and at an unfortunate time as she was dating a prominent doctor.

I like that Vogt makes the characters unique.  It's not a just a man and a woman, not just a doctor and a patient sort of thing.  Kendall is a Jeep aficionado and Griffin is a fighter pilot who has been grounded, lost both his parents, and now the legal guardian of his adopted brother.

If you're a fan of Christian romance you will most likely enjoy this book.  It may not become your favorite book, but it should be one you enjoy and may revisit.

I read this book as a review request from Netgalley using Adobe Digital on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment