Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Review: American Patriots: Answering the Call to Freedom by Rick Santorum




Rick Santorum served as a US senator from 1995-2007 representing the state of Pennsylvania.  He is better known for his failed 2012 bid to represent the Republicans in the race for the White House.  He is a Catholic and with that conservative.

Santorum wrote this book to chronicle the lives of American Patriots from the early days of the country that we may not be familiar with, the ones that don't get much attention and much focus especially in school where we get most of our history education.

History is not really my thing even when it comes to my own nation.  I think people naturally assume if you love to read then you love history as well, but that's never been the case for me.  However, I do enjoy reading about certain historical figures time has forgotten.  The going story nowadays is that the founding fathers were not as Christian as we like to believe.  Just because it is popular doesn't make it true.  This book gives insight into important historical figures that were religious.  There is more to America than the men  gracing text books.

The book includes a copy of The Declaration of Independence.  The Declaration of Independence is one of the most valuable documents in this nation's history.  I believe it is something every American should read and be familiar with.  What did our founding fathers want for this country?

I read this as a review request from the Tyndale Blog Network.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.


No comments:

Post a Comment