Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
     I love this series, but I've only read the first two.  I do want to finish the series, but I'm doing it        slowly checking the books out of the library.  I have a lot of books in my To Be Read pile that            I'm not in a hurry to get to the library so this series is put on hold.

2. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
    This series was offered free on netgalley to mark the final book being published.  I read the first        two.  I just could not get into it.  So, I haven't finished it.  I know they're popular and I know              they're good.  This series is just not for me.

3. The Baby-Sitters Club by Ann M. Martin
    My favorite serial!  But, sadly, I have not read every book.  I got older so I started buying and         reading them less.  I haven't read the final in the original series.  I haven't read the later Super         Specials.  I haven't read most of the later Mysteries.  I've only read two of the Friends Forever         series.  I haven't read the final one when they graduate the 8th grade.  I do want to read it and         one day I will!

4. Restoration Series by Terri Blackstock
    Like the Percy Jackson series I'm reading this one slowly, checking each book out of the library.     There are only four and I've read the first three, so one more to go!  I can't wait to read it.  It'll         be a good one.

5. Home to Hickory Hollow by Beverly Lewis
    Technically, I haven't started it, but book #1 is sitting in my to read pile.  Book #2 is out.  I                haven't gotten it yet, though.  I will.

 6. Kauffman Amish Bakery by Amy Clipston
     With this series it's more like I haven't started it!  I've read the final two, but haven't read the            others.  I want to read them.  I do want to start from the beginning and know the whole story.

7. Uncommon Heroes by Dee Henderson
      One book left in this series and I'll be done!

8. Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins
     I remember when this series was all the rage.  My mom and her best friend read them all,                  hurrying to the bookstore to buy the latest book.  I didn't read them then.  My brother got me        the Left Behind PC game and it came with a paperback copy of the first book.  I read that.  It              was pretty good, but I haven't felt the urge to read the rest of them.  Maybe I will one day.  I            don't know.  If I feel like it.

9. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
    I read a few of these as a kid, but it's not until recently I really picked it up.  You can get them           online for free.  Check out goodreads.com.  I've read Green Gables and Avonlea so far.  I'm               really enjoying them.  Reading them in order makes them much less confusing!

10. Little Women Series by Louisa May Alcott
      I read Little Men before I read Little Women.  My sixth grade Literature Arts teacher had both       copies on her bookshelf, but another girl picked up Little Women.  If that had been available I         would have read it, but it wasn't and Little Men was the only other thick book on the shelf.  The       thicker the  book the more I wanted to read it.  So I did.  Eventually, I did read Little Women.         I haven't read Little Men since.  In the States, Little Women is actually both Little Women and         Good Wives published together.  Now, I need to read Little Men in order and Jo Boy's.  And             there's Aunt Jo's Scrap Bag.

5 comments:

  1. I loved Percy Jackson, so it was kind of a surprise to discover that the spin-off series, Heroes of Olympus is even better! Can't wait for The Mark of Athena! It is my greatest shame that I have never read Little Women. I am named for Meg for goodness sake! I even own it. Some day. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1dc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and I think the last three books are especially good. I've read the first two Artmis Fowl books as well and while I liked the first one I had a harder time getting into the second one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you've got me wanting to hurry up and finish Percy Jackson!

      Delete
  3. I love the Anne of Green Gables books! I used to reread my collection every year but its been a few since I've done that. I'd say I'm about due for a reread again. As for Little Men, I still haven't read it though its on my shelf and I LOVE Little Women...guess I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete