Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Yes, I've decided to join Top Ten Tuesday.  I've seen this on many blogs and it seems interesting to me.  I hope you enjoy my lists!

Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.) 
This would be anyone related to books, obviously.  It doesn't say anything about them being alive, so I'm going to with the dead and the living.

1. Ann M. Martin -- my favorite author growing up.  I was and still am a huge Baby-Sitter Club fan.  I would love to meet her just to talk.  She seems like a cool person.  

2. Louisa May Alcott -- She's dead so any chance of meeting her will have to be in the afterlife, but I would love to tell her how much I enjoy her work and not just Little Women, but other writings like Little Men and Moods.

3. All my buddies at The Leaky Cauldron -- This is a group of more than one person, but I'm combining them as one for the list.  I am a Gallery Guru for Leaky, meaning I upload images to the Image Galleries as well as moderate fanart.  There have been plenty of chances to meet these wonderful people with Harry Potter movie premieres, book signings, and the three LeakyCons, but I have not been able to afford travel to any of that, so I have not met anyone yet.  I hope to one day make it to a LeakyCon (next year there are two, but one is in Washington and the other in England, not exactly places in my budget).

4. Meg -- I'm not giving out her full name for privacy reasons!  It's her name not mine so I don't think I have the right to do so.  Yes, it's a friendship forged via Harry Potter, but it was different.  We met because we're both fanfic writers and I was her Beta.  I have to be honest, I wasn't a very good Beta. But, I really enjoyed her.  Our contact with each other stopped due to her going on a year long mission trip.

5. My other Harry Potter buddies -- People I have forged friendships with on the internet based around this series.  There are a few special names out there. We became buddies due to our shared interest in a series, but our friendship has grown.  I think it would be cool to meet these people in person.  I trust that they're not weirdos looking to rape me!  Not everyone person on the internet is who they say they are, but I trust.  This isn't a huge group so it's not like I just let anyone in.

6. Inspired Kathy at I Am a Reader Not a Writer -- I want her to tell me all her secrets to book blogging! ;)

7. My readers -- Yes, I would love to meet the people who take the time to read my blog.  Thank you!

OK, I know this is a top ten and I really want to get all ten spaces filled for this being my first one, but I can only come up with seven spaces.  I guess I could consider #3 taking up four spaces, but it is more than four people.  I could name three individually, but I can't decide who gets named and who doesn't!


4 comments:

  1. kudo's on naming your readers--I'd like to meet mine too. nice list today. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday, it's a fun meme! Great list! And I agree, I'd love to hear Inspired Kathy's book blogging secrets! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete