Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Book Review: One Pink Line by Dina Silver




It only takes one time to change your life forever.  It only takes one line to send a message.  It only takes one.

One pink line.  That's all Sydney wants to see.  One pink line.  It means everything is okay and life can go back to normal.  One pink line.  The answer to her prayers.

This is not the usual unexpected pregnancy here's the nine months story.  This is told from the dual perspective of the mother and child, from the mother meeting "the man of her dreams" and eventually ending up pregnant to the child finding out her dad is not her biological father.

The general theme of the novel is love, mostly in the comparisons of a mother's love for her child.  We see different types of mother/child relationships through Sydney and her mom; Kendra, Sydney's sister, and her mom; Grace and Sydney; and Grace's biological dad and his mom; and Sydney's husband and his mom as well as Sydney's relationship with her mother-in-law.

Pay attention to the chapter headings!  Sydney is the mother and Grace is the child.  At first I was confused. I thought the author forgot certain siblings or who she was writing about, but then I realized it was my own stupidity at not paying attention to who was narrating the chapter!

I read this as a review request from netgalley.com using Adobe Digital on my laptop.  All opinions are my own.  I was not compensated for this review in any way.



No comments:

Post a Comment