Friday, May 18, 2012

Book Review: Comeback by Rick McDaniel

G, 3 stars

A short guide on turning setbacks into comebacks.  It was simple and easy to read.  I liked the final chapter with the stories on the best comebacks.  It's inspiring.  These people had major setbacks, but they didn't let that effect them.  They were able to conquer the setbacks.  It's possible for us to do that, too.

I did think the book was very repetitive.  It constantly was saying that if you have a setback don't let it ruin you.  You can have a comeback.  It just used different words to say that.  It's not always a bad thing.  It helps to reinforce the concept that one can make a comeback from a setback.  In a book like this, that's important.  One needs the reassurance.

I've never reviewed a self-help book before.  In fact, I don't really read them.  This was a challenge for me, not to read, but to critique it.  It's not the same as a story or a book of fact.  It's written differently.  I enjoyed reading the book.  It made me want to start a comeback of my own.

Check out the book's website for more information!

I read this as a review request as PDF on my laptop.  All opinions expressed are my own.  I was not paid for this review.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment