Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Rating System

I have decided to implement a more detailed rating system on my blog. Any reviews from here on out will refer to this system. I think it helps to express how I feel about a book and just where the book fits in categorizing and such.

 Rating System:
Stars:
1 - Do Not Recommend At All.
2 - Not as bad as a one star.  Not my type of book at all, but I don't think it's unrecommendable.
3 - Good.  I like it.  May read it again.  Enjoyable.
4 - Love it.  Will read it again.  Absolutely recommend it.  Go pick up your copy.
5 - Favorite.  Above and beyond most books.  If you haven't read it get yourself to a bookstore or a library now!

MPAA (USA) Rating:
G - General Audiences - Everyone can read this.
PG - Parental Guidance Suggested - Not really suitable for kids under the age of 7.  In book world, I would say reading level second grade
PG-13 - Parental Guidance under the age of 13 - Not really suitable for kids under the age of 13.  In book world I would say reading level eighth grade.
R - Restricted - Not suitable for kids under the age of 17.  An Adult Book with Adult Themes and/or Language.
NC-17 - No Children Under the Age of 17.  An Adult Book with Adult Themes and Everything Else Under the Sun -- unless I've been hit in the head by a Bludger you will not see these books here.

TV Ratings I like to use to get the point across:
D - Suggestive Dialogue
L - Coarse or Crude Language
S - Sexual Situations
V - Violence
FV - Fantasy Violence/Cartoon-type Violence (ex. coyote getting hit in the head with an anvil in his chase to get the road runner).

No comments:

Post a Comment