Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book Review: Every Thing On It by Shel Silverstein

PG, 3.45 stars

Knowing I own and love my copies of A Light in the Attic and Where the Sidewalk Ends when my mom came across Every Thing On It at Sam's Club she picked it up for me.

Every Thing On It is a collection of never before published poems by Shel Silverstein put together by his family after his passing.  It's not bad.  It's not his best work, but it's still quintessential Silverstein.  I believe some of the themes and ideas might be a bit mature for the younger audience which is why I gave this book a PG rating.  If you are a fan of Silverstein you should enjoy this.  

I do wonder what Silverstein thinks of this publication. It's a mish mash of poetry with no real connection.  In a posthumous collection like this that's okay, but it really has the poems speaking for why they weren't chosen for previous anthologies.  Not everything Silverstein writes is gold.  It's still nice to get another book by him.




No comments:

Post a Comment