Monday, February 6, 2012

Character Based Challenge: Day 1

It's a new month and I'm starting a new meme.  I actually wanted to start this on February 1, but I must admit I forgot.  This is a short one, lasting about 11 days and it's based on characters.

What book character would you say is the closest to yourself?


This is easy.  That's Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter series. I'm not a red-head male wizard from England.  I'm a brown haired female Muggle from America.  But, I've never connected to a character the way I connect to Ron.  I think our personalities are similar.  He's more open and rude than I am.  He stuffs his face with food. I don't do that.  He suffers from what I like to think of as middle child syndrome.  He has insecurities.  He's dealt hand-me-downs and leftovers.  He feels forgotten sometimes, many times.  I feel that way, too.  He hates living in the shadows of his siblings.  I live in the shadows of my siblings.  At least I thought I did until I realized the name I was making for myself.  That's Ron.  He was forging his own identity, but he was the only one who didn't see that.  Ron gets jealous easy, an example given to us in Goblet of Fire.  I'm trying to work on my jealousy issues, see the better side and all that.

I do think relating to Ron I have learned things about my character to make myself a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment