Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Book Review: Hospice Tails: The Animal Companions Who Journey With Hospice Patients and Their Families by Debra L. Stang

This book made me want to cry.  It's so touching.  Animals are...everything.  I love pets.  I understand how much they mean to their owners.  My own two dogs are my best friends.  That's not saying I can't or don't have human best friends, but they comfort me in ways humans can't.  Pet owners know.

Debra Stang is a social worker with a hospice.  She visits the dying in their homes, mostly.  The tales in this book are about how the dying and their family members cope with the aid of their animals.  For many the only way to touch them, bring them out of their world, is their pets.  Others, the pets help with grieving.  They help in ways no one else can.

I give the book 3/5 stars.  It was a good read, but not the best ever.  I won it in a giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment