Monday, January 9, 2012

One Book Challenge: One Book You Are Currently Reading

One Book You Are Currently Reading


One book I am currently reading is Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery.  I read this book as a child, but I remember nothing of it.  One day I found the website DailyLit.com.  They send books to email.  Every day I get a piece of Anne of Green Gables in my email.  I just finished chapter 4.  It's a fun book and I'm remembering it more than I did as a kid.  I liked it when I read it the first time, but the story didn't stick with me, but it's sticking with me now and I do want to read the rest of the series.  I think I've only read a few of the books, Anne of Avonlea, Anne of Windy Poplars, and one more, but I don't remember the title.  The only thing I remember is Anne doesn't like writing with a stick pen.

Anne of Green Gables is about a young orphan who is adopted by a family in Avonlea.  They live in a house named Green Gables, which is where the title of the book comes from.  They want a boy, but end up with a girl.  The mother wants to send her back, but the father has already fallen in love with her.  He wants to keep her.  Anne is a very imaginative girl.  She likes to call things by dreamy romantic names.  She names everything.  It's how she enjoys life.  She's a very happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment