Thursday, January 5, 2012

One Book Challenge: One Book That Made You Laugh

One Book That Made You Laugh


Hm, what book made me laugh?  I don't know.  I don't read a lot of books that have me laughing out loud.  Um, hm.  I know I've read funny stuff, but I can't remember what it is.  I'm going to go with The Baby-Sitter's Club #31 Dawn's Wicked Stepsister.  It's probably not the funniest book I've read, but I do remember laughing during it and it is the one that came to mind.

The secondary plot in this story revolves around the Pikes.  At every turn one of them ends up sick or injured.  There are 10 Pikes so that's a lot of sick and injured people.  As they get sick and/or injured they need a baby-sitter to help with the house.  There are 10 Pikes and having a few of them sick is a handful.  Plus, the parents end up out of action.  The mother aggravates a tennis injury and the father burns his hand.  The funny part is when one of the baby-sitters, I can't remember, it's either Mary-Anne or Dawn, it's been a while since I read the book, has to baby-sit the Pikes who are fine at the time.  I love the scene where they're playing in the rec room with Nicky and Vanessa.  They're playing injured people having to go to the hospital.    It had me laughing the first time I read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment