Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Day Harry Potter Challenge: Least Favorite Professor

Least Favorite Professor


One might think my least favorite is a horrible nasty one like Dolores Umbridge or a really incompetent one like Gilderoy Lockhart.  No.  The answer is Professor Severus Snape.

Why do I dislike Snape?  A lot has to do with his fans.  They have really turned me off on the character.  They treat him like a god and like the series should be Severus Snape and the...  To them, Harry's just a minor character who has no right to dislike Snape.  Snape is justified in hating Harry and everything he does, especially the bullying of students.

It makes me sick.

Before I witnessed the fan gushing I had no real feelings toward Snape.  I could take him or leave him.  I had said I hoped he was on the good side because I didn't want his fans, his supporters, to be disappointed, but now...they've taken it WAY too far and I wish he had been solely on the evil side so they would shut up about him.

Is he complicated?  I think before his story is revealed in Deathly Hallows he is complicated.  There's much we don't know.  Is he good?  Is he evil?  Once his story is revealed he's no longer complicated.  We know about him.  We know his motives.  He's no secret.

One thing I hate is how these fans blindly hate James Potter and Sirius Black because they were adversaries of Snape.  We hardly know anything about James, but to them, he's this evil miscreant who can do no good.

So, Severus "The World Owes Me a Living" Snape is my least favorite professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment