Saturday, November 19, 2011

2012 E-Book Challenge

It is time for the 2012 E-Book Challenge.  OK, no.  It's not 2012 and no, it doesn't start before 2012.  It's time for sign-ups.  The challenge used to be hosted by The Ladybug Reads, but she has decided not to host it.  Workaday Reads (a blog I visit quite frequently thanks to being an email subscriber) won the lottery to be the host now.  To sign up, check out this post on Workaday Read's blog.

I do read ebooks.  I don't have a portable ereader like a Kindle, Nook, or Sony, but I do use my laptop.  There are places all over the net to get free ebooks.  They aren't The Hunger Games or The Help books, but they are good.  Places I visit: Christianbook.com, Free-ebooks.net, and Amazon.com.  I got to read the first book in the Terri Blackstock Restoration Series for free.  It's a good marketing tool as it has made me want to read the rest of the series, which cannot be found for free.  Also, Kindle and Nook have free applications for iPad, iPhone, Macs, and PCs, so you don't have to actually own one of the devices.

I'm starting out at the CD level of 10 ebooks, but if I feel I can reach a higher level I may move up.



No comments:

Post a Comment